View my Artwork by theme?
- Toros, ceramic or in bronze. Bulls and cows feature prominently in the rural setting.
- Horses. Graceful in the trot or canter. Pure power of the Brabant draught horse.
- Elephants. A quiet herd. But don’t be surprised.
- Roosters. Crows early in the morning. Here I am! My territory!
- Giraffes. Graceful in the savannah.
- Flamencos. Graceful, feminine; attract and repel.
- Nature. Marvelous colors of nature in all seasons.
- Figurative. Beautiful portraits.
- Pixelism. Marvelous colors, abstract or figurative.
- Sparkling. Impressions on DigiPlex.
Feelings and characters
Feelings and characters, rendered minimalist.
Over and over, hand-built in different stages, waiting, creating compositions and finding balance, over and over again. A sculpture should be well shaped, because even if you put your most beautiful color on it, when the shape is bad, the beautiful color won’t help.
Feeling the materials, taking time for this. I I call it respecting the clay, because when I work too fast the clay wraps itself up, disagrees and spits out its anger in a thousand pieces in the oven.
Marvelous colors. Pixelism!
Marvelous colors of nature in all seasons. Early in the morning, the freezing temperatures hanging in the air as the sun rises. It gives a prism to colors in the sky, or the sun, which tries to break through the nebula. The many shades of green in spring and the splendor of blossoms, summer by the sea, autumn with all shades of reddish-brown. Winter, a last rose buried in the snow. My paintings are memories, which like photographs contain thousands of pixels, built by squares of about 1 cm by 1 cm. I call it pixelism. Labor-intensive but at the same time soothing, and unique.
When I start working I remember a certain color experience and choose my oil paint color palette. Then I start working on solid linen of Antwerp or Brussels, in cadence, without being disturbed from my surroundings. I’m completely carried away by the colors. Mixing colors, creating light in color, dark versus light, intense or soft, I smell the air, I smell the morning, I smell the blossom, I smell the sea in the painting. I feel without touching. I’m looking for memories, colors you will never forgets!